Rotary Playground Replacement Project
Rotary Playground was constructed at Purcell City Lake by the Purcell Rotary Club around 1987. For years, kids in our community have been enjoying this play structure. The City of Purcell inherited the play structure and close-by pavilion from the Rotary Club in the late 1990’s. As the City made Investments in new amenities such as upgrades to the Original One-Mile Trail and ADA accessible restrooms near the Rotary Pavilion and Playground in 2019, the play structure broke down and was rated unsafe for use. Currently, no play structures exist in this area of Purcell City Lake.
Our Replacement Plan
After years of wear and tear, the play structure is no longer safe and has reached the end of its useful life. The Purcell Parks & Recreation Department and Board have a replacement plan. This new structure meets the accessibility, recreational needs, and capabilities of the children who visit Purcell City Lake. We are asking for your support to make this happen quickly and efficiently. We are working to partially fund this project through the Land and Water conservation Fund Grant provided by the National Parks Service and administered by the Oklahoma Department of Tourism. The grant, if awarded, will cover 50% of the cost of the new ADA play structure and help us build it back better.
- Replace the main play structure with equal to or exceeding the current play structure.
- Create a play space the is welcoming and accessible to children of all abilities.
- Add features to the play space that include benches, age-appropriate apparatus, swings, etc.
- Improve landscaping and incorporate shade structures where needed.
- Upgrade Rotary Pavillion located near the play space.
- Add a new grill area, a safe distance from the play space.
- Add ADA accessible picnic table.
A conceptual drawing of a possible replacement for the Rotary play structure.
A conceptual drawing of a possible replacement for the Rotary pavilion.
Rotary Playground Replacement Project Public Hearing and Update
Thursday, September 9th, 2021 at 6:00pm
Purcell Multipurpose Center - Small Banquet Room
1400 Chandler Road
Purcell, OK 73080
Follow this link to the Public Hearing & Update Facebook event!